The Advanced Adventurer Course
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They're what the Advanced Adventurer course is all about. And no, you don't have to be “advanced” to take it – it's designed so you can go straight into it after the Open Water Diver course.
The Advanced Adventurer course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills
so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your professional Instructor. This course builds on what you've learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You'll hone your skills by completing 4 specialty dives that introduce you to:
The Fun Part: Your Choice
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- An introduction to three more specialty areas of your choice but we highly recommend learning more about computers, nitrox, and buyoancy.
One reason you'll love the Advanced Adventurer course is that you and your instructor choose from many types of dives to complete your course as mentioned above.Prerequisites
To take this course, you must be:
What You Learn
- A Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (10 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Have completed 24 logged dives by the end of the course.
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Adventurer course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
The Scuba Gear You Use
- Practical aspects of deep diving.
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass.
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
- How to better use your dive computer and dive planning slates.
- And much, much more, depending on the dive training you choose.
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which five dives you pick, you may also be introduced to underwater photography equipment , a dive light, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.The Learning Materials You Need
Complete digital training will be available to you for the choices for your knowledge development are included with your course. You'll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER, INC.Your Next Adventure
Diver Rescue would be your next step, including CPR/1stAid/AED and Oxygen Provider as a prerequisite.
For more information about this or other courses have a chat with one of the TEXAS DIVE CENTER INC Team members.This course is scheduled on customer demand. Contact us for a schedule which meets your needs.