The Boat Diver Specialty Course
Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver because different boats in different parts of the world do things differently. Whether it be a day boat or a luxury Live-A-Board, this course is for you.
The Fun Part
Diving from a boat is not only fun, especially when you look at the ease when maneuvering around on it, but it is the easiest form of scuba diving and you hit the best sites in the area. It’s fun to know what you’re doing and not ask "where is the bathroom" when you should be asking "where is the head?"
What You Learn
Learn the tips, tricks and ways to:
- dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant live-a-boards.
- how they differ from place to place.
- gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area.
- safely enter and exit the water.
- sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat.
- sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder.
- stow your gear in the most appropriate areas.
- use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
- locate basic boat safety equipment like the oxygen and first aid kits.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER.Your Next Adventure
You can do many types of diving from a boat. Any certified diver can complete the Boat Diver course with TEXAS DIVE CENTER, which can help you prepare for that next vacation or just reach the popular Master Scuba Diver rating. Make it one of your first specialty courses to avoid embarrassing moments looking like a "newbie."
For more information about this or other courses have a chat with one of the TEXAS DIVE CENTER Team members.