Welcome to our dive site
SSI's new recreational specialty.
The SSI Decompression Diving Specialty will teach you how to dive beyond the no-decompression limits. You will learn to plan and conduct dives to a maximum depth of 130 feet with limited decompression using your recreational total diving system and a single decompression cylinder. You will learn and practice how to effectively use your dive computer features, including switching gases, gas integration, time-to-reserve, and time-to-surface. Using these computer functions will become second nature, enabling you to safely conduct dives with limited decompression without hours of dive planning. Upon completion, you will earn the SSI Decompression Diving Specialty certification and be able to explore stunning deep dive sites or larger wrecks without being restricted by the traditional no-decompression limits. The opportunities to expand your diving adventures have just got bigger! Decompression Diving enables you to dive beyond the no-decompression limits (NDL), utilizing a recreational total diving system and a single decompression cylinder (AL40). Upon certification, divers can plan and execute dives up to 130 feet in depth, with up to 15 minutes of planned decompression. The course covers gas planning, computer use to include switching gases, time-to-reserve, and time-to-surface functions, as well as skills needed to perform a decompression dive.
Are you ready for this next step in your dive training? Then contact our Director of Training and get started with your knowledge development through digital learning. Purchase the digital course material now for just $75. You will need to discuss other costs and equipment with our Director of Training.
The course is conducted by first completing your knowledge development with the SSI digital course supplement with classroom instruction by our Instructor Training and then making several training dives.
- Student Prerequisites
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Have logged at least:
• 24 total dive
- Have the following SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency:
• Deep Diving
• Enriched Air Nitrox 40
For students using a sidemount configuration (in addition to the above):
Have the following SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency:
• Recreational Sidemount Diving
Note: SSI recommends students earn the Science of Diving certification prior to beginning this program.
- EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Spool with 40 feet or more of line.
- Wrist Slate
PRICE: $600 Includes:
- Access to SSI on-line digital course material
- Classroom instruction/discussion
- 1 x EAN36% stage fills (rent of stage tank and regulator not included)
- 3 x 21% AL80 tank and fills plus weights
- Internationally recognized digital certification (upon completion)
Note: Does not include travel or park fees.
A certified SSI Decompression Diver can dive anywhere in the world to 130 feet using up to 40% Nitrox and have a maximum decompression time of 15 minutes (non-accelerated).
2022 COURSE DATES:
- Sat 24th – Sun 25th September 2022
- Sat 22th – Sun 35th October 2022
- Others with at least two students requesting.
- A minimum of two divers is required to start the course
- Stage tank and regulator is $50/day (required for two days) rent or purchase a AL40 stage tank already O2 cleaned for EAN 40% and filled 32-38%
- All classroom training and dives conducted in Santa Rosa, NM.
- Price subject to change without notice