The Dive Control Specialist Instructor Course with TEXAS DIVE CENTER
As a seasoned Instructor, you have wisdom and experience to share with up-and-coming leaders. And, you know that continuing your education never ends.
The Fun Part
As a Dive Control Specialist Instructor, you help bring up the next generation of Instructors while gaining in-depth instructor-trainer knowledge.
Because Dive Control Specialiast Instructors are an integral part of the Instructor Training Course (ITC), you set the stage for moving on to SSI Instructor Trainer as you present topics in the ITC and help shape Divemasters and Assistant Instructors into Open Water Scuba Instructors.
Many of the dive center or resort management positions require this level of Instructor experience and training, making this an important step if you are considering a career in Dive Center or you want to open a dive shop or resort.What You Learn
What You Can Teach
- You become a master of instructor-level dive theory, knowledge development teaching presentations and confined water teaching presentations
- You audit a complete ITC as a staff member rather than as a student
In addition to all the courses you can teach, as a Dive Control Specialist Instructor you can also:
- Teach Assistant Instructor courses.
- Assist Instructor Trainers in conducting the ITC.
- Assist Instructor Trainers in conducting instructor-level continuing education.
At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education.The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc.
It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER.Prerequisites
You must be:
- a Dive Master Instructor certification
- at least 18 years old
For more information about this or other courses have a chat with one of our Director of Training.