Dive Master Recognition with TEXAS DIVE CENTER
Do you have a deep and abiding passion for diving? Or, do you merely love it with all of your heart? If so, you should consider doing what you love for a living; that's right be paid to do what you love: become a Dive Guide or Dive Master. When you become a Dive Guide or Dive Master, you align yourself with the largest and most respected divers in the world—that of scuba Dive Masters and the first step to being a true dive professional. These are Dive Masters and Instructors sharing a passion for diving and an active concern for the health of the world’s underwater habitats.
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the Dive Guide program. Working closely with a Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. Dive Guide training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to lead certified divers on dive tours in both a non-professional and professional status. Professional Dive Guides that complete Science of Diving earn recognition as a SSI Dive Master - which is then a prerequisite for attending a Instructor Training Course (ITC). At Texas Dive Center, Inc. your preparation as a outstanding Dive Master will be planned and developed so when you are ready for that next step your will have the confidence to move upward as a dive professional mentor.What You Learn
During the Dive Guide program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent digital study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As you progress through your course, you will expand your diving knowledge, hone you skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a Dive Master, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the aquatic realm.What You Can Do:
AS a Dive Guide you can lead certified divers on dives. Then as a Dive Guide Pro you can teach Snorkeling and assist Instructors in conducting non-certified diver training.
After becoming certified as a Dive Master you will be to do a lot more, such as:
The Scuba Gear You Use
- Act as a certified assistant for recreational dive programs
- Assist a Instructor during the training sessions for any diver course
- Conduct Local Diving experience with certified divers
- You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc.
- It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills.
The Learning Materials You Need
There are several required materials that a Dive Guide/Master Candidate will need but may have received them during other dive programs so please ask your Instructor for the full list of required materials that you will need for the program.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER. Otherwise, you can sign up today online.Prerequisites
To take Dive Guide course, you must be:
Other Courses That Will Prepare You for Success as a Divemaster
- 18 years old
- A Advanced Adventurer (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- A Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- Qualifying first aid and CPR training from an approved organisation course completion within the past 24 months. Oxygen Provider is also required.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Then, as a Dive Guide, if you successfully complete the Science of Diving Course you will receive your recognition as a SSI Dive Master.
Here are some suggestions for other PADI courses that will help make you more successful as a PADI Divemaster:
For more information about this or other courses have a chat with one of the TEXAS DIVE CENTER Team members.This course is scheduled on customer demand. Contact us for a schedule which meets your needs.