The Scuba Skills Update with TEXAS DIVE CENTER
Has it been a while since you’ve been scuba diving? Do you feel like your scuba skills and knowledge are a bit rusty? The Scuba Skill Update program is just the refresher you need. It re-acquaints you with diving so that you're back to feeling comfortable in the underwater world in less than a day with both refreshed knowledge and dive skills.The Fun Part
Brush up on your scuba knowledge and skills with our digital program on your device. Improve your diving ability with one of our Professionals, and get your scuba gear ready for your next scuba vacation or diving holiday.
What you Learn
You go over scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training with the TEXAS DIVE CENTER Team by using your digital device with the Scuba Skills material. Then, practice fundamental skills in a confined and open water area at either Balmorhea State Park near Pecos or at "Blue Hole" in Santa Rosa, NM. You review:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
After you complete the knowledge assessment, you go through the Confined Water Skills Preview. You review information about each skill, why it’s important, points to remember when performing the skill and then move into the Open Water. Completing the digital
section just before practicing is a great way to refresh your knowledge of how each skill is performed.
The Scuba Skill Update course is particularly beneficial if you:
The Scuba Gear You Use
- Are a Open Water Diver course referral student who wants a refresher prior to making your open water training dives
- Are a Scuba Diver who wants to upgrade to Open Water Diver
- You just haven’t scuba dived in a while and want to get familiar again to be a safer diver or perhaps move on to your next Certification Level.
You use all the basic scuba gear. Check with TEXAS DIVE CENTER about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find everything you need at TEXAS DIVE CENTER.The Learning Materials You Need
Quickly and effectively review scuba diving fundamentals with our digital program provided with the course. Begin by answering a few questions related to dive safety, problem management and dive planning. For example:
- What are the five steps in a pre-dive safety check?
- What is the maximum depth limit for all recreational diving?
- What are the signs and symptoms of decompression sickness?
- At 12meters/ 40 feet a diver runs out of air. Her buddy is more than 60 feet away, what should she do?
Correct answers will allow you to complete the program quickly. For incorrect answers, you’ll read a brief explanation to help you understand the concept. To purchase this course, contact us at TEXAS DIVE CENTER. Your total cost for your confined water sessions is just $75.00. Prerequisites
To take the Scuba Skill Update, you must Have
This course is scheduled on customer demand. Contact us for a schedule which meets your needs.
- a scuba diver certification or be enrolled in a scuba certification course
- Be at least 12 years old