Welcome to our dive site
The Fun Part
Brush up on your scuba knowledge and skills with our digital program on your device. Improve your diving ability with one of our Professionals, and get your scuba gear ready for your next scuba vacation or diving holiday.
What you Learn
You go over scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training with the TEXAS DIVE CENTER Team by using your digital device with the Scuba Skills material. Then, practice fundamental skills in a confined and open water area at either Balmorhea State Park near Pecos or at "Blue Hole" in Santa Rosa, NM. You review:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
The Scuba Skill Update course is particularly beneficial if you:
- Are a Open Water Diver course referral student who wants a refresher prior to making your open water training dives
- Are a Scuba Diver who wants to upgrade to Open Water Diver
- You just haven’t scuba dived in a while and want to get familiar again to be a safer diver or perhaps move on to your next Certification Level.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear. Check with TEXAS DIVE CENTER about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find everything you need at TEXAS DIVE CENTER.
The Learning Materials You Need
Quickly and effectively review scuba diving fundamentals with our digital program provided with the course. Begin by answering a few questions related to dive safety, problem management and dive planning. For example:
- What are the five steps in a pre-dive safety check?
- What is the maximum depth limit for all recreational diving?
- What are the signs and symptoms of decompression sickness?
- At 12meters/ 40 feet a diver runs out of air. Her buddy is more than 60 feet away, what should she do?
To take the Scuba Skill Update, you must Have
- a scuba diver certification or be enrolled in a scuba certification course
- Be at least 12 years old
This course is scheduled on customer demand. Contact us for a schedule which meets your needs.