The Drift Diver Course with TEXAS DIVE CENTER
The Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
What You Learn
The Fun Part
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work. One of our favorites is Cozumel, Mexico. Fantastic reefs and very good dive operators will help you become addictive to drift diving.
During your Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER.Your Next Adventure
TheSurface Marker Buoy course introduces you to deploying this safety device recommended everywhere while diving, which can come in handy especially while drift diving.
For more information about this or other courses have a chat with one of the TEXAS DIVE CENTER Team members.READ MORE...
- Ask a Scuba Expert
- Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)