The Dry Suit Diver course with TEXAS DIVE CENTER
Wanna stay warm and toasty on a dive in cold water? Then dive dry. Yes! Unlike a wetsuit, a dry suit seals you off from the outside water and that keeps you warm! Even in surprisingly cold water.
What You Learn
The Fun Part
Dry suits let you dive more challenging dive sites, and extend your dive season. When you have the right cold water scuba diving attire, you can stand up to the elements and take advantage of the generally better visibility offered by winter months—especially at inland dive sites such as quarries, lakes, sinkholes and caves etc. As a dry suit diver, you’re equipped to scuba dive some of the world’s incredible dive sites in the world’s cooler regions that are best enjoyed in a dry suit even in their warmer months.
Gain the knowledge and skills to safely put on, dive with, take off and store a dry-suit. Get introduced to the different types of suits so you can make a very informed decision if considering purchasing a dry suit. You learn:
- Dry suit buoyancy control skills
- Dry suit maintenance, storage and basic repair
- Undergarment (fleece or overall-type garments worn under the dry suit) options
Practical skills you’ll master in this course:
- Dry Suit Familiarization
- Safety Checks
- Entry Techniques
- Bubble Check
- Buoyancy Check
- Descent techniques
- Fin Pivot Hover
- Excess gas in feet emergency roll drill
- Stuck inflator emergency drill
- Stuck exhaust valve emergency drill
- Ascent procedure· Remove and replace scuba unit and weight belt on the surface
- Exit techniques· Removal of dry suit, storage and maintenance
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER.Your Next Adventure
Scuba diving with a dry suit is useful when diving many types of dive sites. A dry suit is necessary when ice diving and sometimes while altitude diving. Many technical divers wear dry suits on almost every dive due to the length of the time spent underwater. The longer the diver is in the water, the more thermal protection is required. If technical diving is something that interests you, check out the Discover Tec Diving experience.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the TEXAS DIVE CENTER Team members.Read More...
- Contact us to take the Dry Suit Diver course
- Get more tips on dry suit diving
- Ask a Scuba Expert Learn about the Specialty of the Month
- View the Most Popular Specialty Courses
- Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)