Welcome to our dive site
Emergency Care with TEXAS DIVE CENTER
No we aren't going to train your to be a EMT. However, First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. Or if you ever are the first to arrive at a auto or other accident you'll have the confidence to help. And, you need these skills for the Rescue Diver course. SSI ReactRight is a total program we offer that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. IT IS U.S. COAST GUARD APPROVED!
The Fun Part (Click to watch a quick intro to CPR)
The fun part about emergency training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence that you are prepared to help in any emergency and your certification will be recognized by other agencies.
What You Learn in the SSI ReactRight Course:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
- Providing Supplemental Oxygen
The Learning Materials You Need
Through a combination of independent digital study and in classroom skill practice with an instructor, you’ll build the confidence and skills to provide basic emergency care. You will demonstrate your knowledge and skills with a written test and practical evaluation.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER.
To enroll in ReactRight courses, you must:
For more information about this or other courses have a chat with one of the TEXAS DIVE CENTER Team members.
- Ask our Experts
- Learn about the Specialty of the Month
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)