Welcome to our dive site
The Equipment Specialist Course with TEXAS DIVE CENTER
the Equipment Specialist Course will help you to not miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it's a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, you can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments. As a Equipment Specialist, you are prepared for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter every day. In addition, you'll learn interesting background information about how your gear works, how it’s repair and other information that helps you with your equipment investment.
The Fun Part
The more you know about how your dive gear works, the more
- Comfortable you are with it
- Performance you get from it
- You can care for it
What You Learn
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
To purchase learning materials and equipment, contact TEXAS DIVE CENTER. Let our equipment technicians teach you some common fixes you can make on a dive trip when a problem comes up.
Your Next Adventure
The Equipment Specialist Course is not an equipment repair course, but it provides the foundation you’ll want if you’re interested in learning equipment repair. It is a great knowledge development course with no dives required. It counts toward the specialties needed for your Master Diver rating.
- Contact us take the Equipment Specialist course.
- Learn more tips about care and maintenance for your scuba gear
- Ask a Scuba Expert
- Learn about the Specialty of the Month
- View the Most Popular Specialty Courses
- Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)